Wednesday, March 25, 2015

the beginning of chapter 3



Chapter 3: The house of horrors
I awoke to the sound of nails against the floor boards. I was on the floor, in the center of a large room. I was in some sort of abandoned house. Where I didn’t know. Immediately I felt the urge that someone-or something was watching me from the back left corner of the room. (Behind me since I was facing the door) Up on top of a high shelf sat a woman. She was masked and cloaked, the only thing showing was her eyes which were icy blue. She sat there for some time dangling her right leg off the side of the shelf, the other leg crouched up to her chest. One arm rested on her knee and the other dangled like the right leg. She was thin but tall, with black leather armorish clothes that were half armor half cloak. Suddenly there was a noise. It was a sort of grunt or growl. Then the sound of scratching on the floor again. “Shhhhh,” uttered the woman in the corner, holding her index finger to her lips. Then the old woman from the forest walked into the room. She went over to the right wall where there was another book shelf. She pulled back a book called “the gates of oblivion” and the bookshelf split in half revealing a spiral stair case leading down. Then she turned back and looked at me “ah… you’re awake.” She said a slight bit annoyed. “I have business to attend to downstairs. I’ll be back in a little bit to deal with you.” Then she walked off down the stairs below. I looked back up to the woman on the shelf but she was gone. I waited for about ten minutes, staring at the floor. Then the bonds I was being held with loosened and untied. Suddenly, the girl in black shimmered out of nowhere. She’d been invisible. Her cloak had powerful magic inside it. “Stay hidden if you want to live.” I did the first thing that came to mind and climbed into a cabinet nearby. Then the girl in the cloak became invisible once more and slowly crept down the stairs where the old woman was. A few moments, a shrill, ear piercing scream sounded for the lower floor. There were other sounds too. Blades clashing, various creatures yelling battle cries. Then the girl in the cloak walked back up the stairs, no longer creeping. She carried a dagger in each hand which were splattered with blood. “Come on, let’s go,” She said. I climbed out of the cabinet and headed for the door. Then the house shook. There was laughter, obviously a man’s “did you really thing you could escape the grasp of Kalus Dagon, Lord of the dark.” The voice came from everywhere in the house, the girl tried the door which she found was locked. Then objects started to float around. I instinctively conjured a ball of fire within my hand and held it in the defensive position. The girl and I went back to back, frantically looking around the room for signs of danger. “Go… go to the basement.” Said the voice. “there you will find your reward for killing that witch that has defiled this place with her murderous ways, I thank you, mysterious girl, and… Little mage. Go to the basement for your reward...  

No comments:

Post a Comment