Monday, April 13, 2015

Gnomish Earth Wand



“This wand was made in my fourth year of apprenticeship. People in the eastern area of our country had been complaining about strange occurrences and noises throughout the night. This proved to be caused by common forest gnomes gathering ingredients for a particularly potent spell. The gnome tribe's leader was a powerful wizard with an ancient scroll of immense power. I knew their ritual had to be stopped. I used a spell I'd recently learned from my master which summoned a magical chain which encircled the gnomes. Then I confronted the wizard, which proved more powerful than I'd thought for such a little guy. He summoned an Earth Golem, which to the gnome must have seemed enormous...however to me it was about 3 feet tall. One minor explosion spell and it was reduced to rubble. In the debris I spotted this green golem eye, which helps channel earth magic. I disarmed the wizard before he could cause anymore problems, finding this golden scroll that I used as the wands core magic. Combining some molten gold, the tiny scroll and the golem's eye worked beautifully to make the perfect wand.”
-The Wandmaker’s Apprentice

No comments:

Post a Comment